01. How many books is too many books in a series?
Well, I’ve read all of the House of Night series, which includes 12 books in the main series, 4 novellas, The Fledgling Handbook, a book about the history & mythology included in the series & a collection of graphic novels – & even though I adored the series when I was younger… that is definitely too much. Generally, I like trilogies, but quartets can work as well – despite this, I’m very much into standalone novels these days.
02. How do you feel about cliffhangers?
At the time, I usually love the excitement & suspense they create – if I can move straight onto the next book then great, but the hype of a cliffhanger can often wear off during the wait for the next book so I guess they’re not all that.
03. Hardback or paperback?
Hardback for longevity but paperback for ease-of-reading.
04. Favourite book?
05. Least favourite book?
I feel like I can only answer this question with a book I’ve read cover to cover & I can’t think of one so 🤷♀️
06. Love triangles, yes or no?
Generally, I don’t like love plots so no thanks!
07. The most recent book you just couldn’t finish?
The Years, Months, Days by Yan Lianke
08. A book you’re currently reading?
The Illumination of Ursula Flight by Anna-Marie Crowhurst
09. Last book you recommended to someone?
Probably In Order to Live by Yeonmi Park
10. Oldest book you’ve read?
Pride & Prejudice (at school)
11. Newest book you’ve read?
The Smoke Thieves by Sally Green!
12. Favourite author?
13. Buying books or borrowing books?
I love the library, but I love owning books more.
14. A book you dislike that everyone seems to like?
The Twilight Saga? Maybe. Idk.
15. Bookmarks or dog-ears?
Bookmarks give me life
16. A book you can always read?
Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater.
17. Can you read whilst listening to music?
It depends how good the book is, I guess
18. One point-of-view, or multiple points-of-view?
I like both, as long as they’re done well. In some books multiple points-of-view are very important, whilst in others they’re an unnecessary faff.
19. Do you read books in one sitting or over multiple days?
If I had the time I suspect I’d read most books in one sitting, but alas, working means that isn’t possible.
20. One book you read because of the cover:
99% percent of them…
I tag all of you!