Yes, I’ve stolen yet another tag from DarqueDreamerReads – you can find her responses to this tag here.
1) A Popular Book or Series That You Didn’t Like:
Okay, I didn’t not like this series but, The Red Queen books by Victoria Aveyard aren’t nearly as good as some people like to make out… I have four of the books (one being a novella) & have only read three of them; the reason I haven’t yet picked up King’s Cage is because I can’t remember what happened in the previous books – so it can’t be that good.
2) A Popular Book or Book Series That Everyone Else Seems to Hate But You Love:
Lament by Maggie Stiefvater – even Maggie herself says that this book is bad but I actually really enjoyed it! The sequel was alright, but not as good as the first. And yes I know Maggie is problematic, but I read her books before I knew that & I’m not going to pretend I hate all her work when I don’t.
3) An OPT That You Don’t Like:
I’m not sure that there is one?
4) A Popular Book Genre That You Hardly Reach For:
Romance books! Ick.
5) A Popular/Beloved Character That You Do Not Like:
Okay, so she sort of is a book character because there are Doctor Who novels – so I’m picking Martha Jones from Doctor Who. I found her so whiny & irritating; she was so jealous of Rose & let her crush on the Doctor spoil her travels to so many amazing places!
6) A Popular Author That You Can’t Seem To Get Into:
7) A Popular Book Trope That You’re Tired of Seeing
Can we have less of the main characters falling for each other? Romances kill some amazing plots for me; guys & gals can just be friends you know!
8) A Popular Series You Have No Interest In Reading:
9) The Saying Goes “The Book Is Always Better Than The Movie”, But What Movie or TV Show Adaptations Do You Prefer More Than The Book?
The True Blood TV series was so much better than the series of books it was based on; The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris!! I read the first two? books in the series & just couldn’t stand the terrible writing, but I was totally addicted to the TV show.