I’m stealing yet another book tag from Deanna over at DeeReadsThings so make sure you go & check out her blog! Today’s book tag is all about truthfully answering the questions & tagging five other book bloggers to do the same. This tag was started over at Laura’s Book Review, but I of course found it on Deanna’s blog!
1. What are your top 3 book pet hates?
- Like Deanna, I also hate mismatched covers! I have three book series where one of the cover editions doesn’t match the rest of the books & it stresses me out so much. I’m also a little embarrassed by it D:
- Another pet hate is romance for the sake of romance *rolls eyes* I’m not a huge fan of romance plot lines anyway, but I know that in some books they’re necessary or help to add to the story (like in Livia Blackburne’s Rosemarked), but sometimes the fluffy bits in a book are just so dull & EUGH – not every book needs love or crushes!
- My third pet hate is when writers have their teenage/young adult character say stupid words instead of swearing!! Now, I know that not all teenagers swear as much as I do, but they also don’t say some of the ridiculous thing that authors come up with as alternatives to cussing. There is nothing wrong with the word FUCK being in a YA novel y’all!
2. Describe your perfect reading spot.
This one is quite tricky for me because it’s pretty much impossible for my perfect reading spot to become a reality; I love reading on the sofa with my dog, but I also love reading in my bed & reading when my boyfriend is playing on his xbox… the reason that these can’t all combine to be one perfect reading spot is because 1. my dog can’t climb stairs (she’s too scared to…) so she isn’t able to cuddle me in my bed whilst I read & 2. my boyfriend’s xbox is at his house & I don’t have a TV in my bedroom, so unless we take my bed & all my pillows to his house & carry Elsa up his stairs, it’s just never doing to happen 😦
3. Tell us three book confessions.
- I’ve never read the Twilight books or the Hunger Games books & I never plan to *shrugs*
- I often look at my bookshelves & feel an overwhelming sensation of pride! I’m so proud of myself for getting into reading like I have done & I’m proud of myself for how much money I’ve spent on books instead of cigarettes (I used to smoke).
- My depression would be a lot worse if I didn’t read – if I go a few days without doing any reading I go on a massive downer & I find it hard to cope with real life if I’m not diving into stories at night time.
4. When was the last time you cried over a book?
This is easy! I cry over books a lot but the book that made me cry most recently (during my writing of this on December 6th) was White Chrysanthemum by Mary Lynn Bracht.
5. How many books are on your bedside table?
Currently there are none! But there are a large number of unread books on my bookshelves, but lets not discuss them.
6. What’s your favourite snack whilst reading?
I snack on all different things whilst reading, but a firm favourite is Doritos (nachos) & dip! I also don’t mind eating party rings, but these often leave crumbs in my bed…
7. Name three books you’d recommend to everyone.
- In Order to Live by Yeonmi Park
- Lovely Green Eyes by Arnost Lustig
- Shadows on the Moon by Zoë Marriott (simply because it’s my favourite book)
8. Show us a picture of your favourite shelf on your bookcase.
9. Write how much books mean to you in three words.
Saved my life.
10. What’s your biggest reading secret?
Sometimes I really wish there was more hardcore smut in the books I read… which I know goes against a lot of the rules of YA, but I like sex & would like to read more of it in the fun, fantasy/science-fiction books that I love so dearly!